Great product backed up by world class service!
The parts are made through sound engineering and manufacturing making them visually appealing as well as functional. Nice work!
The frame bracket does not fit on my 701 LR. The bracket and pin tower rub against the steering bearing dust shield. When I repositioned the bracket towards the gas tank, proper dust shield clearance was obtained only the bracket partially covered the snap grommets for the key switch cover. In that postion, the drilled bolt holes for the frame clamps need to be repositioned closer to the pin tower and further apart from each other. I sent pictures to Andrew Vanasche who immediately responded and told me that they are redesigning the bracket to accomodate variations in frame fit. He recommended that I grind the bracket to fit while they work on a suitable replacement. However, that would mean grinding into the frame clamp bolt holes themselves. The diameter of the countersunk recess prevents me from redrilling another hole close to the original one. So I’m stuck.
Interesting review given our long conversation where I offered any/all solutions possible and you seemed quite satisfied with the response.
1. The updated frame bracket has fit multiple LR bikes.
2. There have also been issues on other LR bikes....meaning some discrepancies on tolerances with the Husqvarna 701 LR model do exist and we are re-designing a frame bracket to accommodate those differences (and halted sales).
3. You were first given the opportunity to return the entire kit for full refund no questions asked. But you wanted to keep it given it's 'High Quality'
4. A new version has been designed and will soon be produced. I told you I would get one to you as fast as possible to confirm fitment. You stated that you would be happy to trade photos/dimensions etc... and help finalize a design between your bike and our in house LR that is quite different from each other. This was not a problem because you didn't really need it 'until spring'.
5. I offered to allow you to grind the product (I did not recommend it) meaning I did not need it or expect it back from you. This was a courtesy
Obviously the results of our phone conversation were quite misunderstood.
Bottom line, its a new bike model. We have one on our floor and the frame bracket worked fine (hence the reason we sold it)....come to find out, there are relatively large differences across the LR range. We are working hard to make changes quickly.
Clearly high quality kit. Fit well, super clean. Only thing i could have asked for was some more torque specs on install bolts..
Everything was fantastic. The fit and finish of this mans work is outstanding.
Vanasche is the total package. Web site, price, customer service, and the products. He delivers. In todays world it is a pleasure to compliment a well run business.
Thank you so much James! It's a pleasure to get this feedback....makes it feel worth while :)